Thursday 26 April 2018

thursday 26 apr 2018

Hello readers,

I was home today but as you may have noticed, next to my bees I also have an aviary, in the morning that took up most of my time.
I had a quick look into the hive and saw some bees on the foundation in the bottom box, but they weren't drawing comb yet.
In the middle box the building on S1 has begun. (Used to be B1)
- I'll number my frames from left to right and B stands for bottom, S for super and T for top-box.  If I should, but I'm not planning to, add more supers the S's will get numbered from bottom to top. -



Temperatures today were around 15°C, but there was little to no wind, and the clouds drifted by scarcely.  Activity near the hive was less than last week, but then again, there is a lot to do in the hive for all the bees and the weather outside isn't that optimal.

Color of pollen being brought in: Some yellow, some orange and almost white.
I wonder where they get everything from.

Strawberries and the walnut tree in the back are blooming, but I haven't spotted any bees...
























Bob Out

Sites to visit - Nine Lectures on Bees - lecture one.

Hello readers, Today I'm having a look on another site that was gathering dust in my 'must browse here later' list. Today thi...