Tuesday 17 April 2018

Tuesday 17 apr 2018

Hello readers,

Temperatures today were up to 21°C, as a result there was good activity near the hive.  The wider entrance was put to use.

I did not take any pictures today, nor did I use the BuzzBox app (my phone was charging inside).

I did take a good look through my observation windows and am glad to report that on frame B8 there is a good amount of newly built comb.  It looks like it's built inside the frame and is almost reaching the bottom bar!  B2 was abandoned and empty, well it was mostly empty comb to begin with.
The bees are all over B4 till B9, there is some movement on B3 and B2, but no comb built yet on B3. In the top right above that form S4 to S9, there is good bee activity.  I couldn't see S10 since the comb on S9 is preventing me to look past it.  The 3 frames S1 - S3 are all foundation and nothing more.  I'm not sure if there is new comb on S5 .  Must take a look again, tomorrow?

See ya!

Bob Out

Sites to visit - Nine Lectures on Bees - lecture one.

Hello readers, Today I'm having a look on another site that was gathering dust in my 'must browse here later' list. Today thi...