Thursday 19 April 2018

Thursday 19 apr 2018

Hello readers,

As I was out working again today and didn't see my bees yesterday I was glad to see some action shortly before 20h00.   Temperatures were still above 20°C, in the evening and there was still some activity near the hive.


Here is some footage of what I saw near the hives, oh I think I forgot to mention in my previous post from tuesday, I turned the entrance reducer over again.  Since there are a lot of bees dead in front of the hive I don't want them to get robbed out.  Of course I'm not sure if my hive is 'weak' compared to others in the area, but rather be safe than sorry:



I'll try to read up on the (dis)advantages of entrance sizes.

I also started watering the plants and found a dead bee in a flower.  I wonder what happened.  This is the second time I see bees dead in a way that makes me think my environment is polluted and poisoned:



Have any thoughts or knowledge that can help me out?!  Don't hesitate to contact me!!

Bob Out

Sites to visit - Nine Lectures on Bees - lecture one.

Hello readers, Today I'm having a look on another site that was gathering dust in my 'must browse here later' list. Today thi...