Tuesday 24 April 2018

Tuesday 24 apr 2018

Hello readers,

Temperatures today were around 16°C, during the day.  Shorly before midday I shot this picture of 14°C



There was normal activity near the hive.  I worked in front of the hive for my project.  I leveled the dirt and put two pieces of stone tiles down to put the hive on.  The bees were calm as I was working in front of them.

Color of pollen being brought in yellow and almost white.



I got my first bee sting today!  Right on the bottom of my nose!
Since I was looking at the hive during my work on the project long hive.  I got over confident and decided to put a deep box underneath the current hive.  I worked without protection and without smoke or waterspray.  I payed the price!

Want to see the video?  It'll be up on tuesday may 8th 2018.  Here's the link:



 Bob Out

Sites to visit - Nine Lectures on Bees - lecture one.

Hello readers, Today I'm having a look on another site that was gathering dust in my 'must browse here later' list. Today thi...