Sunday 1 April 2018

Sunday 01 apr 2018

Hello readers,

Temperatures today were up to 10°C,
There was normal activity near the hive. Again the vast majority of pollen being brought in were a dark yellow.

Since it was easter I had other places to visit outside of my apiary and didn't do much observation at all.

I contacted Jane from beespoke.info hoping I could put up a translation for some local beekepers here in Belgium.  I would've made a Flemish post for that on my blog, but sadly she was somewhat reluctant for me to reuse her pictures and first reffered me to google translate to help my fellow beekeepers out.  I didn't push the issue and upon trying to revisit her webpage today to put up a link in this post I get an error message... has she shut out my IP-adres or Belgium in it's entirety?  Or is it simply what it says it is?  An error...
Anyhow, I would like to thank her as I have now got some insight into how I can use a Jenter - Kit for queen breeding.  Not that I'm ready for that kind of thing yet.


Bob Out

Sites to visit - Nine Lectures on Bees - lecture one.

Hello readers, Today I'm having a look on another site that was gathering dust in my 'must browse here later' list. Today thi...