Monday 9 April 2018

Saturday 07 apr 2018

Hello readers,

Temperatures today were very nice, above 20°C!  Very good activity near the hive even early in the morning!
Color of pollen being brought in yellow and orange.

The BuzzBox app shows a healthy hive @10:30

I received some brood today on Dadant frames.  The length of the ears on the frames fit mine, but the frames themselves were a bit longer so they didn't fit in my boxes.  I had to make a split decision since I had to leave shortly after receiving the brood in the 6-frame polystyrene nucleus.  The nuc itself fitted nice on my hives apart from it being 3 frames to narrow.  I put it on top of my open hive and covered the exposed bit with some plastic and sealed it of with a tile.
I tried calling the beekeeper that gave them to me but he didn't answer his phone.
Later in the day I decided I'd try to do cut-outs to fit the comb into my frames...

Want to know how that went?  Stay tuned, a small report will come up next.  For now you'll have to make do with a small bit of video:



Bob Out

Sites to visit - Nine Lectures on Bees - lecture one.

Hello readers, Today I'm having a look on another site that was gathering dust in my 'must browse here later' list. Today thi...