Monday 9 April 2018

Sunday 08 apr 2018

Hello readers,

Temperatures today were up to 19°C again.  The morning brought some rain, but in the afternoon it cleared up.  I took it upon me to do the cutouts since it was nice outside.  A video of the cutout will be available on YouTube on may 1st 2018.
Color of pollen being brought in Yellow and Orange:
Th activity near the hive was good, even during my work on the cut out.  I didn't have to disturb the bees much since they were not in the second box yet.

The BuzzBox App tells me around 15:00 that all's well.

What a messy business was that!  I don't think I'll do a cut out again soon.  It works, sure, but I did make some poor choices.

First off, I tried to hang the comb into my frames using kitchen string.  This cuts through the comb as soon as you turn the frame upright.  After putting the frame with cutout into the hive box it started tipping over and out of the frame.
I said in the video I might regret doing the cutout since opening the hive to extract frames is going to be almost impossible to pull off.  Well not impossible, but a pain that's not really worth it.


Bob Out

Sites to visit - Nine Lectures on Bees - lecture one.

Hello readers, Today I'm having a look on another site that was gathering dust in my 'must browse here later' list. Today thi...