Monday 26 March 2018

Monday 26 mar 2018 - Hive project

Hello readers,

Temperatures today were 12°C.
Very good activity near the hive, so still no feeding.
Color of pollen being brought in is unchanged, mostly dark yellow.

Got some work in on my hive, and started working on the inner and outer covers.

Here's a quick picture:


The inner covers will be fitted with a thin sheet of plywood screwed to a wooden frame around them.
The outer cover needs to be reïnforced and fitted with a weather proof cover.  Not sure if that'll be metal or plastic yet.

I also made a recording of the hive enterance today, I might do that more in the future.



Bob Out

Sites to visit - Nine Lectures on Bees - lecture one.

Hello readers, Today I'm having a look on another site that was gathering dust in my 'must browse here later' list. Today thi...