Wednesday 14 March 2018

Wednesday 14 mar 2018

Hello Readers,

Today it is 11°C out, at 11:00 the bees show good activity and pollen is being brought in.  We have some (night) frost coming in two days.  So I hope the bees don't cluster around the brood and starve should the cold last longer...
I prepared my Zanderbox and set it up next to the current hive don't know if it'll help the bees find their way easier or not after I move them in there and slide it over to the possition their box is in now.
I also got confirmation I'll have a european bee queen with my name on it come april or may.  So now I'm pondering ... do I move the entire hive over first chance I get into one Zander hive, or do I make a (walk away) split 3 frames each, hoping the bees will have enough resources to be split again when the queen comes in?  I'll ask on some beekeeping pages on fb...
Would love to do a split, but don't want to push the bees to their limit.

Bob Out

Sites to visit - Nine Lectures on Bees - lecture one.

Hello readers, Today I'm having a look on another site that was gathering dust in my 'must browse here later' list. Today thi...