Thursday 22 March 2018

Wednesday 21 mar 2018 - Top Bar Hive Project (or should I say long hive?)

Hello Readers,

After my post of march 20th I actually did find some time to continue the work on my project.
I went out and bought some materials; this is the result:
First dry-fitting the plywood in:


Seeing the cut-outs were good I glued it all together with TEC7 and cut out a long piece of insulation board so the frames can 'sink in' the hive.


After that I filled up the wholes and free spaces with insulation foam...



Now I'll wait for it all to set and next up is finishing the top layer. So you can't see the foam or insulation board anymore, and also preventing the bees to get to it.

Today, 21st I had a dayshift at work and didn't check on the bees after 04:30 in the morning.  And there was nothing to be seen then (as it was still dark and also below 0°C that shouldn't come as a surprise)

Bob Out

Sites to visit - Nine Lectures on Bees - lecture one.

Hello readers, Today I'm having a look on another site that was gathering dust in my 'must browse here later' list. Today thi...