Friday 30 March 2018

Friday 30 mar 2018

Hello readers,

Today was a rather dry day up till the evening with temperatures up tot 13°C.
As I was working during the day I did not inspect the activity near the hive enterance. I expect my bees to have been busy.

I did find some time to make some calculations based on mr. Thomas Seeley's observations writen down in his book 'Honeybee Democracy' chapter 3 table 3.1 The subject there is how a nesting cavity for bees should idealy look like.

Extrapolating his findings on my hive I calculated my devider should be in the 21st slot of the hive, hiding 5 more frames to begin with.

I also concluded that if I do more hive inspections before my order of a queen arrives and the current hive is building up nicely; I might steal a frame from them to put into that hive so it can function as a swarm trap untill such time I actually catch a swarm.

Bob out.

Sites to visit - Nine Lectures on Bees - lecture one.

Hello readers, Today I'm having a look on another site that was gathering dust in my 'must browse here later' list. Today thi...