Tuesday 8 May 2018

Monday 7 may 2018

Hello readers,

Temperatures today were trying to get to  28°C but didn't make it there.  Believe me, it was hot enough.
Good activity near the hive, white and yellow pollen being brought in.

But then...

The Trap out!
Man what an adventure.

It is difficult to do it right.  I set everything up and needed the better part of the day doing it.  Then, before getting my kids from school I tried to find a frame of eggs.  I didn't find one.  I took some broken off comb with larvea and rubberbanded it.  Then brought it up to the hive.  I hope it's enough to lure them in.

The footage will be up next week (15 may)! So come back and watch this video:



And if that trap out wasn't enough to deal with I got another swarm call!  Again the bees were already in their home, this time it's an old apple tree.  But that's a story for tomorrow!

 Bob Out

Sites to visit - Nine Lectures on Bees - lecture one.

Hello readers, Today I'm having a look on another site that was gathering dust in my 'must browse here later' list. Today thi...