Thursday 3 May 2018

thursday 03 may 2018

Hello readers,

Temperatures today were around 15°C, although it felt higher without the wind to cool us down. Activity near the hive was splendid;  Color of pollen being brought in: yellow to white (same'ol same'ol...)

I had some personal stuff going on and went to help another beekeeper so didn't take the time to film or even just look at the bees for a longer period of time.

A little voice inside hoped I'd get a swarm call, but ... nope, nothing.

I also picked up a BUZZBOX at the post-office (had to pay 70 euro's worth of taxes, sheesh)



Hoping to get the wifi going soon in the apiary (maybe next tuesday) and fire up that buzzbox.
It's a monitoring device that listens to the bees and derives from that sound what's going on inside the hive.  If you want to know more, go visit : https://www.osbeehives.com/

It's the same application I use on my phone to listen to the bees, but this device is mounted on a hive and listens to it in intervals  ( 20 - 60 min. depending on battery life).  It sends the data over WIFI so you have a 24/7 update on what's going on inside the hive.

I'll give this puppy a testrun and if I like it I might get more... although I hope there will be EU friendly shipping by then.

Bob Out

Sites to visit - Nine Lectures on Bees - lecture one.

Hello readers, Today I'm having a look on another site that was gathering dust in my 'must browse here later' list. Today thi...