Tuesday 15 May 2018

Monday 14 may 2018

Hello readers,


I have decided to not do daily updates on here if I didn't spend any time in the apiary, or working with or for the bees.

But today is different, there is a report!

Weather report for the missing period:
Wednesday: At their peek temperatures reached 24°C around 16:00.
Thursday: Well above 15°C
Friday: Flirting with 20°C
Saturday: afternoon peek of 25°C
Sunday: Under 15°C
Temperatures today were under15°C, as a result activity near the hive was rather low.
Color of pollen being brought in is still yellow for the most part.

13 May Sunday


I do write up a report today since I went to do my second trap-out.
I failed to make a one way exit for the bees.
The board with the foam I made left too many gaps and the bees found their way into the tree some other way.  Trying to seal of those entries took me the better part of the afternoon and I feel sorry for the frame of eggs I took out of my hive.
On the bright side, finding that frame went super fast!  And I'm happy it went ok.

I might put up a report on youtube, but I didn't film on site.

Edit: here's the search for a frame of eggs on youtube (release date 29 may 2018)




I'm going back there tomorrow to try my hand at another cone.  I'll also go and check on my first trap-out location to see what's what overthere.



Today I'veBob Out

Sites to visit - Nine Lectures on Bees - lecture one.

Hello readers, Today I'm having a look on another site that was gathering dust in my 'must browse here later' list. Today thi...