Tuesday 5 June 2018

tuesday 05 jun 2018

Hello readers,

No classical layout today, just here to bring a short update of yesterday.
I'll start with temperatures;  Today we didn't reach 20°C and it was mostly dry.

My only hive report will concern the SS 1 2018!  Since that's where I put the queen in yesterday.
I inspected the split that I thought was queenless and behold!  The queen was accepted, even though she was not released out of her cage yet.
I helped the bees with that and released the queen into the hive.

So happy they took to her... Let's just hope they don't replace her as soon as she's laying...

The video of this entire operation should be up on june 19 22:00 local time (Brussels)



Bob Out

Sites to visit - Nine Lectures on Bees - lecture one.

Hello readers, Today I'm having a look on another site that was gathering dust in my 'must browse here later' list. Today thi...