Wednesday 19 December 2018

End of Season cleanup, part 2

Hello readers,

To follow up on my last post I put together another out of sync video that's coming live as I write this blog post.

Here you'll see me go into a hive I bought from a neighbour who's allergic to bees now and doesn't want to take any chances.  He put up his hives for sale and I bought them. 
I should've known better and this is going to be the last time I buy bees from anybody.  Swarms for the win!!



Weather Report:

Winter finaly is upon us.  We had some frost overnight and it's raining a lot.  There have been days with temperatures over 10°C.

Hive Report: 

Nothing much to report on the hives,  I saw some activity near the hives on slightly warmer days.  I recon it's cleaning flights.  And I'm sure there's bees in all my hives still.  I'm still not certain they'll make winter though...  We'll see.

To give you some final words I can say I've been mapping out what to do in 2019.  To say the least I have a ton to do before the spring comes.  Making hives is one of them, looking for a 3rd place to put bees is another.

I'll give a look into my plans in next blogpost!

Bob Out

Sites to visit - Nine Lectures on Bees - lecture one.

Hello readers, Today I'm having a look on another site that was gathering dust in my 'must browse here later' list. Today thi...